Written by Todd Larsen, CEO Limitless Technology~Cost Reduction Specialists
For just a minute I would like you to think about what win-win means. Immediately you should get a sense of cooperation, collaboration and the spirit of peaceful satisfaction. If not, I want to know your definition in the comments below.
The follow is an excerpt from Stephen Covey’s THE 7 HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE – HABIT 4: THINK WIN-WIN…
“Win-win sees life as a cooperative arena, not a competitive one. Win-win is a frame of mind and heart that constantly seeks mutual benefit in all human interactions. Win-win means agreements or solutions are mutually beneficial and satisfying. We both get to eat the pie, and it tastes pretty darn good!
A person or organization that approaches conflicts with a win-win attitude possesses three vital character traits:
- Integrity: sticking with your true feelings, values, and commitments
- Maturity: expressing your ideas and feelings with courage and consideration for the ideas and feelings of others
- Abundance Mentality: believing there is plenty for everyone”
While Stephen speaks of Win-Win from a personal perspective, he relates his meanings towards habits of successful people. In business and in life we at Limitless Technology ~ Cost Reduction Specialists believe in making sure we continuously focus on delivering Win-Win solutions for our Clients.
That stated, we all have heard great quotes from various people in our lives such as…
- Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing. Vince Lombardi
- Winning is not everything, but wanting to win is. Vince Lombardi
Yet, there are also quotes that place emphasis on the short term conviction with a long term right thing to do view…
- “The result of long-term relationships is better and better quality, and lower and lower costs”. W. Edwards Deming
- “It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.” The Dalai Lama
We believe you need to study the context, application and outcome to define a true win-win outlook and practice. We would say winning is as much short term goal as it is long term Vision. At Limitless Technology ~ Cost Reduction Specialists we strive every day to make sure our customers see from us a win-win conviction.
We hope you will too.
Delivering expert results on: billing optimization services, telecom auditing, telecom contract management, telecom expense management, and telecom and technology consulting.